Anyone using Progressive 444 shocks

rocket51

.060 Over
Ride
09 Rocket Touring
I am thinking of getting the Progressive 444 shocks. Anyone have opinions on how well they work. Stock shocks are ok but are pretty harsh at level 3 and above and wife does not like harsh. Stock on level 2 the bike has too much bounch in dips. From video on Progessive shocks it looks like they take care of both problems. I had the 440 progressive on a VTX 1800 and it was a great improvement over stock, also had the front Progressive springs.

I am considering the progressive front springs for the Rocket but hate the cost and incovienous of taking to a dealer, closest dealer is 60 miles, and I am not confident that I could do the job without considerable frustration and dismay. Any techs close to Sherman Tx that have some time to spare?:)

I put progresives on my Harley street bob , and when i traded it 12 months later they were stuffed .. I put ikons on my tourer ,, in fact the shorter ikons , they lowered the bike by 35mm and have been great ,

Gday there, not sure about the 444's but if im not mistaken a few of the fellas here run them. I think hanso runs them and i reckon he'd way close to 444kg:eek:. he loves his suspension so check with him.

try and ride something that runs them. i rode a mates harley running the 970's and i was pretty impressed.

personally i ran the ikon lowered and couldn't give the bastard things away. Just this week i threw them in a box of stuff i sent a mate so now he's stuck with them cluttering his shed..:eek: (sorry tc). Point is some people like some stuff others hate it so it is all personal.

I run the Wilbers 642's on mine and i like them. originally a bit firm but they were specked for performance more than comfort. ive softened them off now and i find them great.

one thing for sure is, Wilbers, Ohlins and progressive are all great quality.

Gday there, not sure about the 444's but if im not mistaken a few of the fellas here run them. I think hanso runs them and i reckon he'd way close to 444kg:eek:. he loves his suspension so check with him.

try and ride something that runs them. i rode a mates harley running the 970's and i was pretty impressed.

personally i ran the ikon lowered and couldn't give the bastard things away. Just this week i threw them in a box of stuff i sent a mate so now he's stuck with them cluttering his shed..:eek: (sorry tc). Point is some people like some stuff others hate it so it is all personal.

I run the Wilbers 642's on mine and i like them. originally a bit firm but they were specked for performance more than comfort. ive softened them off now and i find them great.

one thing for sure is, Wilbers, Ohlins and progressive are all great quality.

I think Hanso runs the Hagon Nitros same as me.:cool:

I installed the Progressive 444 shocks not long ago and wish I had done it sooner.

No more harsh teeth rattling when I hit a unsuspecting pot hole.
Feels more solid and planted in then curves.
No tools need to adjust preload... just twist the top part of the shock.

I have progressives on most of my bikes, or should say had. Switched most of them to Hagons and like them much better. YMMV but for me the Hagon does everything the progressive wants to do better. Smoother and better in the twisties all at the same time.

parts

Well, the site is back up and it states that the 2010 and 2011 are identical. So I don't know why the Hagon sites states only thru 2010 is supported.

Back