Anyone rocking renthals?

The Machinist

.040 Over
Ride
zx14, zx10r, zx7r and hopefully a rocket III soon :)
I'm wanting to switch my bars so something along the lines of a set of Renthal fat bars (dirtbike bars)...
Does anyone have a similar setup on here? Any good pictures would be greatly appreciated.
I'm also interested in what other adjustments were required to fit them properly. Thanks in advance n be safe!

Something like this.

Attachments

• IMG_7551.jpg
    IMG_7551.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 2
I've had a buddy put in an order for me on a set of wellbilt tracker bars. They're like dirt bike bars but are for regular motorcycles :)
We will see how things go!

I've had a buddy put in an order for me on a set of wellbilt tracker bars. They're like dirt bike bars but are for regular motorcycles :)
We will see how things go!
Be interesting to see how they clear the tank, might have to put a set of Rivco raisers on to lift the bars a tad

Maybe consider Triumph Speed Triple bars from the 2008 onwards models .. they have fat bars and bar end threads to boot. They would be pretty smick on a RIII as long as you combined them with Rivco risers .. to clear the tank while on full locks as Hanso said.

Once I get the bars I will be able to check the clearances. Just throwing a tape measure on the bike it's looking like I should be in good shape. If I need to I will probably draw up a set of my own risers and perhaps mill some sort of design into them :)

20140807_093556.jpg
I got the bars today. Once I get home I will start testing fitment and see if any other adjustments will be needed :)

Back