Anyone have the R3 just shut off while riding?

Redwings01

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket III Tour
Hello gentlemen. New R3T with less then 100 miles on it. Took the misses out for the first time and was driving some slightly hilly roads here in central Florida so I could do some downshifting to keep deceleration pressure up in the cylinders during break in. Was going 40-50, went to downshift a gear and the **** bike just shut off and the red light on the speedometer lit up. After a second or two, hit the starter button and she fired up and we travelled back home about 10 miles. Anyone else have this issue? I'm VERY hesitant to take it back to the dealer because it's been my experience that a bike just isn't right after going back to the dealer. If I have to, I will, but I would rather attempt to remedy the problem. Thanks again gents and have a great day!

Sometimes new bikes will do that. Do a 12 minute tune, ride it a bit more, and the problem should go away. If it is still happening at the first oil change then let the dealer know when you book it in. It may also be that the primary TPS needs a slight adjustment. The dealer should be able to take care of that, but you could do it quicker with TuneECU.

Red wings Mine stalled when it was new also others have had this happen.Was told it was due to these motors are tight when new.As miles accumulate the problem should subside.After you get the 500 mi. Service it should be okay,but mention problem to dealer.

Thanks guys. I'm looking at doing the TuneEcu after the 500 miles break in. I'm changing the fluids at 100 and 500, so things should be good to go by then hopefully. Thanks again!

Same issue on my new bike. Going down steep downhill to our house, perhaps 15 percent grade. Died when I let out the clutch to downshift. This happened two different times.

I tried to pop the clutch in second gear. The engine was so tight, it would have thrown the bike into a skid. No issues on restart. Sometime prior to the 500 mile mark, the issue just went away. Have about 800 some odd on it now.

I also had a bit of a loping idle while it was breaking in. It has settled down as well.

Back