ANYBODY install the Gas Tank KNEE PADS?

Lifelong Biker

Supercharged
Ride
2011 Rocket III roadster 2004 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
Anybody install the gas tank knee pads on a Rocket 3 ? If so were you happy with them, thinking about buying a set, I see the left size is small, not much room. It is part # A9718005

Attachments

• A9718005.jpg
    A9718005.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 280
Anybody install the gas tank knee pads on a Rocket 3 ? If so were you happy with them, thinking about buying a set, I see the left size is small, not much room. It is part # A9718005

Mate cause I'm a fat bastard I put them on and glad I did stop your jeans rubbing the sides of your tank. Just make sure you clean the tank well to remove all polish. When you put them on press firmly and leave sit for a while and they'll stick like **** to a sheet, if the tank is not clean free of polish and any other residue they will not stick.

I also like the tank pad. Its stops or hides the belt buckle/zipper/snap scratches you might put in the tank. I still have a set on my extra tins. A set on my 05 and I have bought a set for my 06 for when I scratch the kamelon paint :eek:

I have them on mine. I Put them on for the nostagic part of it.. Paying respect to the old school umphs! I thint the center tank pad does help a bit but that tank is so **** wide im sure a leg can brush the side.

As stated before.. Make sure you clean the tank surface well before putting them on!

Enjoy!

They were already on my '06 Classic when I bought it 3 years ago--they haven't started peeling anywhere and I like the look. Haven't used them to grip the tank or anything like that--at 5'8" my knees don't go that high when I'm riding...:D

Have thought about it but Hellraiser got me a tank cover with a pocket in it that will cover the scratches from my belt buckle plus it gives me some were to put my MP3 player and keys, I hate key's in my pockets digging into my leg :rolleyes:

Have them with the tank pad, best thing i could have done, get them, you will be glad you did:)

yeah I did but they pet falling off. my local stealership replaced and fitted them 3 times but then they said that Triumph do not recommend fitting to the matt black as they do not bond to paint properly.

Strange how tank pad bonds but knee pads don't...anyhow, given matt black is the ultimate colour for and rocket and Triumph says not recommended, obviously they are not worth installing

what is stranger is in the photos advertising the knee pads, they are showing a matt black tank... goes to prove tat the clowns at my stealership really did forget their red nose the morning i went in.

They were already on my 05 along with the pocketed tank pad and stlll are..
I lke them for the nostalgia value.. but my knee on the left side is on the bearcaw..

But they look OK on the Granite Red and My "Granite Grey" Tank ..
But they are a bit lost on the Granite Black Tank ;)

Back