Another none starter

baz

.020 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3
So..Firstly hello ☺

I have an 07 R3 which is being a pig...battery seems fine but won't fire up .

I'm no tech wiz and this is my first cruiser style bike....

If you could kindly point me in the right direction but please talk slowly and assume I'm very stupid so avoid tech speak

Don't know where to start...apart from kicking the back wheel and huffing into a corner to sulk.

If it helps the previous owner put none triumph flat bars on it (wider) and for some unknown reason moved the ignition barrel to imitate the position on a 'cough' Harley...which is now stupidly by my left leg?? Why?? I have no idea

Thanks in advance if you can help...kettles on

Welcome from Germany!! The pre-08 models have a known issue with the starter. That's why many of us installed the EB relay.
What are your symptoms? All lights come on when you turn the key? Does the speedo sweep occur? if you jiggle the ignition module behind th key column, do the lights go off/on? Does the starter attempt to turn over at all? Need a little more info to try and narrow it down.

Hiya and thanks

The lights go off when it turns over...all dialls and lights work as normal and seems to have enough power to turn it...It does seem to turn over quite slowly though...

I do hear the starter click..and it almost seems like it's been sat for ages in the cold and it's in a lovely warm garage lol

I'm not entirely sure how to tackle it or where to start...or even to know what is right and wrong if it has a starter problem...ignition...clutch and so on...I'm completely at a head scratching moment of...ok ignition on...clutch in...press go...and whur whur whur nothing and battery flattens to the point of just a click

its early in morning here so im not very smart yet(?)sounds like a new battery is in order check all connections first

Mine did that the other day forgot to put my battery optomiser on turned over slowly would not start
I just put a battery booster on it and it fired up straight away. it was all right after that all day. I need a new more powerful battery, you might too

Mine did that the other day forgot to put my battery optomiser on turned over slowly would not start
I just put a battery booster on it and it fired up straight away. it was all right after that all day. I need a new more powerful battery, you might too

I bought a new battery in June last year which is far better or was far better than the stock battery. ..but both won't get it going...unless of course both batteries are pants?

Even when I got the new battery it seemed to struggle and I've had to charge it after only a a couple of months...when the battery is on full charge it still won't fire the big girl up :(

do you have a way of testing the battery or load testing it?could be its weak or something is getting hot(relay)and shutting down maybe jump start off youre car just don't start car just connecting jumper cables

do you have a way of testing the battery or load testing it?could be its weak or something is getting hot(relay)and shutting down maybe jump start off youre car just don't start car just connecting jumper cables

I've got a multimeter buried in my man cave ill dig it out and test the battery...i may also give jumping it a try... (without starting the car of course) I've got 2 other bikes....a 2003 bandit 1200 for work and a 600 hornet (the missus bike) lol

The factory ground wire is not heavy enough even on the newer models. I would check all of your connections and think about changing out the ground wire to one that is heavier (larger gauge wire)

I've got a multimeter buried in my man cave ill dig it out and test the battery...i may also give jumping it a try... (without starting the car of course) I've got 2 other bikes....a 2003 bandit 1200 for work and a 600 hornet (the missus bike) lol

The battery is showing....12.69 on the
multimeter

Back