Another idiot Californian

DJ

Bob Ewell fell on his Knife.
Ride
2007 R3 Classic
I've been posting illegally for a while now and figured I had better come clean before the posting cops come after me.
I live in Pleasanton, a semi-small town in the east bay. Don't know why they call it the east bay. The towns a good 15-20 miles from the bay.
I have my own small company and keep busy in Santa Clara/Silicon valley area.

Oh, the bike-I'm riding an 07 classic that I picked up a year ago.
A bunch of local trips under my belt and one up into the Sierras/gold country/Lake Tahoe area that was a blast. Even the Deer that jumped over my brothers bike and clipped his rear bag was...interesting. No damage except a small indentation in his rear (soft) bag. But what a story, and yes his eyes were as big as a saucer when the Deer hit him.

I really love the questions that we all get:
-How big is the engine. ****Probably bigger than your cars.
-Can you handle it. ****Well I'm here aren't I?
-And My favorite:
------Is that a Harley? ***Don't think so Tim!

Dan

PS Those that think the bay area is all houses and traffic. This picture was taken about 15 minutes from my house in the Pleasanton/Livermore area, and about 35 minutes from the Oakland Airport.

Attachments

• IMG_1213.JPG
    IMG_1213.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Pleasanton? That's near Charming, CA right? Thanks for the intro and welcome from the oither coast. :)

PS Those that think the bay area is all houses and traffic.

You can't fool me with that picture. I commuted from Moffet Field to Cupertino for nearly 12 years, if it wasn't for a bike and lane splitting I would probably still be on that road!!!

I was out there when they first started the Livermore winery tour. It happened over a weekend and you just drove from winery to winery, I see it is an "event" these days. ;)

Welcome to the site.

bob

Hey Dan you ever frequent the First st AleHouse in Livermore?

I've been there a time or two. Not too often, as there are a couple of breweries that are good in Pleasanton.

One on Hopyard road, the other on Main street in Pleasanton. And yes Hopyard road is named after the Hops farms that used to dominate the valley prior to prohibition.

If your ever out that way and need a beer, rattle my cage an I'll grab a beer or two with you.

Edit:
I must admit, my office used to share the back of the building of the Main Street Brewery.
I would order lunch and a Beer and the wait-staff would walk down the parking lot with my lunch on plate, with a beer. Or just going into the bar, they would slide a beer to me without asking.
It was tough moving out of that office!

You can't fool me with that picture. I commuted from Moffet Field to Cupertino for nearly 12 years, if it wasn't for a bike and lane splitting I would probably still be on that road!!!

I was out there when they first started the Livermore winery tour. It happened over a weekend and you just drove from winery to winery, I see it is an "event" these days. ;)

Welcome to the site.

bob

I will admit Silicon valley traffic SU#KS.

If your not on the road by 2:30 you will hit traffic-and for Friday get away day....foget-bout-it!

Welcome to the forum. I have a sister that lives in Larkspur i'm pretty sure i went threw your town Rt 580 at some fair-ground. Watch out for the deer...:eek:

My house is about 1 mile from the fair-grounds.
Close enough to hear the fireworks.

d-

DJ I hope your not into blow up dolls and high hills Jim just might have a new friend:D he said everyone in Cal is like that oh ya welcome:)

Back