Another Avon Problem

GreyFox

GearHead
Ride
Rocket III
Well, at it again. This is my second AVON rear tire problem. The company replaced the last one with no problem after 3 months (refund of course). This time it is a crack in the sidewall. Pressure has never been below 39psi. Take it off, make the trip, wait wait wait.
Darn it!:confused:

Attachments

• P1016824.jpg
    P1016824.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 272
Ill never be buying thier tires its happening far to often i think.
like em or not u dont see that happen on a metzler not that ivr heard of anyway :cool:

Well, at it again. This is my second AVON rear tire problem. The company replaced the last one with no problem after 3 months (refund of course). This time it is a crack in the sidewall. Pressure has never been below 39psi. Take it off, make the trip, wait wait wait.

Wholey crap!:eek:

When I had my last Avon taken off (to replace it with a Bridgestone) I couldn't believe how flimsy it was. Admittedly it had no tread to speak of but without air it felt like a toy balloon and just colapsed under it's own weight. Great handling in the dry though and pretty good mileage. I need a new front soon and will probably go for my third Avon.

Just curious why alot of Rocket riders are always trying to reinvent the wheel.. ? What is it about the Metzler ME880's that you don't like. :confused:

Maybe your Cobra is shedding? ;) sorry, disregard that remark :eek:

Just curious why alot of Rocket riders are always trying to reinvent the wheel.. ? What is it about the Metzler ME880's that you don't like. :confused:

First replacement tire for the rear $299.00 + $120.00 + tax to mount and balance by the dealer in 2008. Asked for a Avon to match the front. Tire lasted about 3500 miles and the center was gone, sides looked great. Went back to dealer and the cost went up 50 bucks. So much for making it right after the last screw up. Went 1/2 mile down the street and got a Avon Cobra for $229.00 + $60 +tax. Due to work and time to get bike down to have tire replaced, 4 weeks. Avon lasted 8500 miles. Feels better to me and the way that I ride. Was always unsure about the Metz?? Not sure why. Just need the tire to last longer. I DO NOT drag my knees in the turns and I have to ride 20 miles to fine twisties. If you can call them that. Have over 13000 miles on the front Cobra now and I'm looking to replace it soon. Still has tread.

Back