alarm removal help

DJ

Bob Ewell fell on his Knife.
Ride
2007 R3 Classic
I want to remove my datatool s4 alarm from my 07 Rocket 3 Classic.
Does anybody know which 2 pairs of wires need to jumpered together on the bikes wiring harness to allow you to remove the alarm?

You should be able to get a blanking plug through your dealer but it may take a little while.
I'll see if I can find out tomorrow which wires you need to jump.

That would be great if you can see what pins are jumpered.
I have read it's either pins 1&2, and 3&5 or 3&6.

I have called my local dealer and there pretty much clueless. Had no idea what I was talking about. Told me the only thing they can sell me was a new alarm kit.

If anybody has a blanking plug that you can take a look at and let me know which pins are jumpered i would be forever in your debt!

Thanks,

dan

@DJ here you go. Just happened to pull my blanking plug out yesterday when installing my keyless kit ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    694.4 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    628.1 KB · Views: 43
Just a quick question but why remove the alarm in the first place, is it not better to have?

The alarm has been giving me fits lately.
The latest "issue" is the fobs will not communicate with the unit, and I can not get the unit into the set-up or commissioning mode to try an re-establish communication-All new batteries in the fobs, the bike is always on a battery tender and the bikes battery is in great shape.

I may get a different alarm in the near future. Just don't know which one. One that I hope will have more options and easier to deal with.
Lastly, in my neck of the woods, the Rocket 3 is one of the 10 least bikes to be stolen. So the possibility of it being stolen while I'm out is pretty slim, and I keep her in the garage at night.

D-

I have a spare blanking plug that you can have for the cost of postage !!

Back