Yeah...stock on my Ultra Classic too. The '09 is gonna get progressives in the front and air in the back

Yeah...stock on my Ultra Classic too. The '09 is gonna get progressives in the front and air in the back

I was talking to a rep and apparently the air pressure control the eight of the shock meaning you could not set a eight independently from air pressure it seems if you want firmness the shock will rise some and reducing pressure will soften the ride but would also reduce the eight . anyone with air shock chime in to infirmor confirm that!

I have a set of HD air shocks that came off a '10 Road King but it would take some modification of the mounting points to fit them. The Bilstein's are a direct fit. I know at the extremes (0 psi and full inflation) the ride height is changed significantly, but once normal ride height is established I would think a few psi one way or the other wouldn't significantly affect ride height too much. Am I wrong?

Just ordered the Progressives for the front...$82 with free shipping. After changing Nolton's this seems a no brainer upgrade. Two guys, a piece of string, some fork oil and about 30 minutes for what I've heard is a dramatically better ride

Lots of elevation change possible based on the video on that page.

Lots of elevation change possible based on the video on that page.

I rest my case ,you cannot select a ride eight independently from air pressure . its either firm and way up or soft and way down.

Oh Jeez - gansta R3's. PLEASE GOD NO.

Those are very like the old S&S shocks that used Monroe dampers - I have a set somewhere. The rubber bags rotted out. Just saying.

This will happen especially fast if you don't run the bags covered.

But I like air., but if you fit airshocks, fit them for the right reason.
Air shocks run best IF they're hard. They will take serious load and stay compliant.

If you run soft they will actually feel harder and less comfy. Plus the bugger will probably fall to the right when you try and put it on it's kickstand.

Shaft drive bikes with simple Hookes joints run best if the shaft is more or less a straight line from the gearbox OP shaft.

I use Fournales shocks - the increase in pressure also alters the damping. No bags - it's all seals and pistons.

Back