Air horn installation.

The stock horn should be triggered via the ground wire, this means the positive connection is always active to the horn when the key is on. You will need a relay for an air horn installation and trigger it from the same ground wire on the stock horn.

The wires from the stock horn are used to supply the control voltage to the relay.

Use a couple of .250" male spade terminals to attached to leads and inserted into the stock horn connectors.

Run the leads to the relay and connect to the control (trigger) terminals. [the relay should be in a protected location like the left side cover]

Run a fuse protected power wire from the positive side of the battery to the in-put side of the relay. [ Used at least 14 gauge wire for this]

Run 14 gauge wire from the out put side of the relay to power the horn.

Run 14 gauge wire from the ground side of the horn to a good frame ground connection.

Lester
You're a champ, you made it so simple, although you did speak in imperial, luckily I can speak several different measuring units.
Took me all of an hour to do the wiring
Now I can annoy the neighbours anytime they play that dance or rap crap out loud:D

Lester
You're a champ, you made it so simple, although you did speak in imperial, luckily I can speak several different measuring units.
Took me all of an hour to do the wiring
Now I can annoy the neighbours anytime they play that dance or rap crap out loud:D

Glad I could help.:)

My language has been called many things but it's a first for imperial.:confused:

Quick question... Harley seems to have the right sound on their stock horns( in my opinion) are they interchangable? I would luv to get rid of that wussie Yugo sounding thing the bike comes with stock...

Quick question... Harley seems to have the right sound on their stock horns( in my opinion) are they interchangable? I would luv to get rid of that wussie Yugo sounding thing the bike comes with stock...

If they are a 12 volt horn and will fit, Why not????
You can make up the brackets if you need too, but will probably be able to use the original ones, But wont be as load as the horns mentioned in this post.

Air Horns

This is the real maccoy, mounted on the left and right bars

Attachments

• 100_0002.jpg
    100_0002.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 189
HERE'S MY VERSION..
I've sited the compressor behond the L/H side cover of the relay switches---(perfect fit)& protected too.
Threaded the air-pipe through,and under the frame, vertually invisible, --Then the trumpets are sited R/H side (behind) the Rad'

Back