After all the mods ......

HellFire

Legend
If you know me I did ALOT of whats been talked about around here. I did the secondaries, GIPro, exhaust, tripple filters and the PCIII. Just had it DYNO tuned and the PCIII set for the best performance.
The results are in ....
specs at the rear tire ...

152 Horse power
157 foot lbs of torque.
And that includes 1st through 5th gear! none of that factory **** in 1-3.

More torque than horse power? have you ever heard of such a thing? maybe I should be running diesel fuel.

I'm a happy camper.

too bad the dealer didnt actually fix what I brought it in for.
still have the trans and waterpump noise.

but hey, I got a rocket! literally.
I'll just blow that **** transmission apart! Then lets see who's hearing things.

Last edited:
If you know me I did ALOT of whats been talked about around here. I did the secondaries, GIPro, exhaust, tripple filters and the PCIII. Just had it DYNO tuned and the PCIII set for the best performance.
The results are in ....
specs at the rear tire ...

155 Horse power
160+ foot lbs of torque.
And that includes 1st through 5th gear! none of that factory **** in 1-3.

More torque than horse power? have you ever heard of such a thing? maybe I should be running diesel fuel.

I'm a happy camper.

too bad the dealer didnt actually fix what I brought it in for.
still have the trans and waterpump noise.

but hey, I got a rocket! literally.
I'll just blow that **** transmission apart! Then lets see who's hearing things.
Up and through the point that you were a happy camper, though I was thinking of inactivity, I was with you. Then I got lost. What is it about the transmission? Did I miss something in the translation? I was thinking stock torque was 158? All I did to get there was a cat box replacer and a very fine tune, on a TuneBoy. Clearly you have achieve considerable HP increase from 140. At 3 time the price. Only because I lust for the torque alone.

I am trying to understand:D But I guess I just don't know you:cool:

Last edited:
Thats not measured at the back tire, probably off the engine.

True. Triumph figures are at the crank. Stock at the wheel is about 120bhp and 123ft / lbs, ish.

According to Nev these things vary more than most so the only measure of increase is before and after on the same dyno.

True. Triumph figures are at the crank. Stock at the wheel is about 120bhp and 123ft / lbs, ish.

Thats just what the tech was saying, in fact the published numbers from Triumph is an average of many engines tested by the factory. He was very proud of himself for getting another 9 hp and 9 ft lbs by flattening out the "bumps" in the fuel/air numbers. (I kept my mouth shut about "US" getting the other 30 or so)

The trans and pump noise I'm speaking of is clacking from the front of the trans while decelerating in lower gears with the clutch pulled in, and squeeling from the water pump. I swear it sounds just like a chunk of tooth is missing from a gear. The water pump noise is just a bushing or something along those lines. Its the transmission I'm worried about, the noise is bad enough I can feel it in the seat. They say they can't hear it, more like they have no clue and don't want to tear into it to find out.

I thought I heard a skeptic about my numbers out there, no matter ... I was just trying to say thank's for the tips and help with all the ideas I found here and let everyone know that they work and I appreciate it. I didn't know there was a contest. :mad: I'm just repeating what the tech told me and what the dyno sheet says. Those numbers were the best of the three pulls and not the average, so I suppose you can waggle a finger at me for that.

The bill .... (we were talking about that in another thread) my 10k service was about $350 and tune was $250. They whacked me an extra 1/2 hour because they said I had extra wiring under the tank from lights, GiPro and stuff. (most of the lights don't work now so I'll have to take it apart and find out what they forgot to hook back up) There was no need for a valve adjustment since they were all in spec ranging from .12 to .18 (or was that .012 - .018, I don't remember right off), anyway I guess I saved some money there. I still feel like something got broke off in my ass! This is in Dover Delaware so how does that compare to you guys not forced to endure the high cost of the east coast? I realize that there is the additional cost of having it dyno tuned, but still ... seems like we are getting into Mercedes like service costs. It is pretty close to the wifes benz's services, maybe because it's about as big?:p Basically it was just an in depth oil change while running a feeler gauge around the cam.

Thanks again to you guys who helped me do the mods, I'll try to do the same for the next guy.

Last edited:
We stopped at the Dover Elks club on the way back from O.C. Plan on returning again in the near future for wings and a bucket of coors ponies. I give you a heads up. I wanna see that beast.

M M, I got your message and of course the phone ran out of juice without a charger. "Roughing it" sucks! Anyway, I kept an eye out for R3's while in OC and only saw one orange tribal. Ran into him at the Harley dealer on 50.
I stayed two sleepless nights in a tent surrounded by A-holes in RV's who loved to start up their queens just to make noise. I woke up to a jackass actually spraying my tent with a garden hose sunday morning. "Sorry dude ... didn't know you were in there". I kind of went off and scared his family.:mad: OOPS. I could take it no more and checked into the Fenwick sunday. Not a bad place, the rooms are good size but it's a non smoking hotel with no open windows or balconies.
Met up with some friends and had a great time, got pulled over twice by the cops. Nice guys though, two warnings, one for a wheelie on 50 in front of the HD store and one for a short lived drag race. That's usually a good indicator of how much fun your having, right? :eek:
Could you believe the NOISE?!! Holy ****. I thought my exhaust was too loud ... all those trailer queens with 18 inch open pipes were wearing me thin. I must be too old.
I found a t-shirt that said "If you trailer your bike to a bike rally, call 1-800-IMA-*****", too bad they were down to medium and small sizes.
I'm back in trouble with CSX and have nothing but free time for the next few months so with the exception of a small number of previous commitments I'm available. You might want to stay away till NASCAR clears out ... it's a madhouse this week.

Last edited:
Noobie picking his bike up tomorrow.

HellFire,

Thanks for the account of what you did and how it worked out. I like you am a acceleration junkie. I am aware or the potential of the R3 but not sure how best to accomplish. I nearly purchased a 2009 Vmax but due to comfort issues and parts availaility...to pulled the trigger on a left over 2007 R3 Std. I am having Jardines and the dealer installed tune as well. I like the look of the headers on the Jars...

Given that money is tight...what do you recommend as the next bast bang for the buck? What are you referring to in "secondaries"? Is a K&N in order.

I don't need to be at the 158 immediately. But when I get there...I'll know that a Vmax would not have much on a rocket tumes in such a way...especially due to the tq #'s.

I appreciate the input.

Back