A good front tire ????

JoseyR3Wales

Living Legend
Ride
2014 Victory Vision Tour
I have just wore out another front. I put 420 miles.on it this weekend and it was danged near a slick when I left. Its my second Dunlop 404 and it handles well with the Riken dark side. Shopping this week. Any suggestions accompqnied by your price paid.

The Dunlop 404 is for sure not their best offering.
Their D251 is superior in either the 150/80R17 or 140/75R17 size.
I prefer the 140/75R17 myself and am currently running the Cobra version to try it out.
FYI - Attached is a tire option list I recently prepared.
For unknown reasons, I am currently having troubles attaching any files right now?????????????????????
If'n ya wanna contact me at 1olbull@gmail.com I shall send it to you.

I had great success with Michelin's Commander II 140/75 17 and currently sport a 130/70 17 B'stone Exedra max which matches up brilliantly with their 240 on the rear.

As you know, I'm not a darkside advocate, as I prefer maximum performance handling and safety, so I have no idea how these two tires will get along with a CT.

I have just wore out another front. I put 420 miles.on it this weekend and it was danged near a slick when I left. Its my second Dunlop 404 and it handles well with the Riken dark side. Shopping this week. Any suggestions accompqnied by your price paid.
Glen, I have a Avon Cobra on mine and I like it! I can't remember how much I paid for it! I put it on the same time I put a rear Bridgy Excedra Max! Judy and I rode to Rutherforton and over to Lake Lure then home this afternoon! ARe you doing the BBQ again this year?

I bought a Michelin Commander 130/90/16 from BikeBandit $115 shipped. I have about 5k on it and it still has good tread, I am expecting another 5K before needing another tire (I have new spare Commander waiting when it lays down). I prefer the handling of the 130/90 over the 150/80

Josey, I think that I can give you a relevant response. After having 2 good runs on the Dunlop D404 with my Riken, I tried out the Shinko 230. It's worked well but it seems to have a small bit of twitchiness to it. I'm planning on going back to the D404 next time. It pairs up to the Riken very well and did what I needed it to do.

There is a new Shinko 890 that will fit. Or, the Dunlop Elite 3 if you want to splurge.

Josey, I think that I can give you a relevant response. After having 2 good runs on the Dunlop D404 with my Riken, I tried out the Shinko 230. It's worked well but it seems to have a small bit of twitchiness to it. I'm planning on going back to the D404 next time. It pairs up to the Riken very well and did what I needed it to do.

There is a new Shinko 890 that will fit. Or, the Dunlop Elite 3 if you want to splurge.
I run the 404 based on our conversation in Maggie a couple of years back Tdragger. It does ride VERY VERY well with the Riken so I guess I will do something illegal to obtain funds for a tire. Until then the Storm has good rubber:)

I bought a Michelin Commander 130/90/16 from BikeBandit $115 shipped. I have about 5k on it and it still has good tread, I am expecting another 5K before needing another tire (I have new spare Commander waiting when it lays down). I prefer the handling of the 130/90 over the 150/80

You've got me stumped, Rocket51! How did you mount that 16' front tire on a 17" wheel?

Also is the Michelin Commander you are using an H speed-rated bias ply tire? The Commander II that I have recommended and others have used is a ZR-rated radial.:confused:

You've got me stumped, Rocket51! How did you mount that 16' front tire on a 17" wheel?

Also is the Michelin Commander you are using an H speed-rated bias ply tire? The Commander II that I have recommended and others have used is a ZR-rated radial.:confused:

He has a Touring, Phil. 16" front.

Back