stepnet1983

.060 Over
The 600 mile service is all said and done. Shelled out $354.12 for the service - I feel this was a little high but it was where I purchased my R3T and also the closest dealer. When the 10,000 miler rolls around I will be looking elsewhere for my service - as a side note the dealer I took the bike to charges $130.00 per hour :eek:!!! But like I said at least it's over with and I can now get down to the business of exploring distant planets aboard my Rocket ship :cool:.

That Triumph dealer should be ashamed of himself...period. His labor charges at $130.00 an hour is almost bordering on criminal. I think I paid around $165.00 (might be on the high side) and our labor charges were $80 an hour. After the labor the only expensive thing you are really looking at is the full synthetic oil which, at the time I had mine done (2007) was sitting around (I think...when I get home I'm going to look it up) $49.00. Later on in '08 I think the oil went up to around $56 or $60 a gallon.

I feel for you and I'll make sure I don't stop by that Triumph dealer if I am ever traveling that way north of Jacksonville, FL.

Hopefully you will find a more "friendly" dealer close by.

Dennis

17 dtg KAF
21 dtg Dubai
22 dtg Thunderbird'n time

136 dtg Dubai
137 dtg HOME for good!

I was hit $110 and hour by Triumph dealer - only one around here - for a service, fitting TORS etc. I like them and trust them but the "showroom" is something out of the 60s and bikes are usually covered in dust. Mate took his Harley to the only Harley dealer for 200miles, fabulous a/c showroom with full suite of Harleys and still some Buells; spotless and smells of leather and coffee. It's famous for over charging on parts and accessories and impossible to negotiate a deal, but the workshop rate is $50 an hour!!!! I'll be going there for some things - they reckon they get a few Rockets traded so know them to work on, plus they have a dyno.

What dealership was that? The dealership's I've called in GA were $80-$90/shop hour.

You can plan on around $500 +/- for the 10,000 service. More if you need your valves adjusted. Mine didn't have to be adjusted.

As far as other dealerships in GA... Atlanta Triumph - closed, Moto400 - closed, Triumph of N. GA (A **** good dealership) - closed.

I haven't heard anything good about Triumph of Augusta.

Freewheelin, is okay... not good, but okay. I think their shoddy work caused me to get stranded in Arkansas... no proof, but...

Since I'm no longer under warranty, I'll be doing most everything myself...
My brother in-law is a Harley tech, so I'll be getting some help from him and around here...

But, IF you find a good dealership in Ga, let me know.

$130 an hour? ****, I knew I was in the wrong business ... again! :mad:

It's only gonna get worse. Without shop classes in High Schools we just aren't turning out educated tech's like before. Sometimes I think I should have just put up with whiny demanding customers and stayed in the wrench biz. At least there I wouldn't be out of service for anothers mistake.

What dealership was that? The dealership's I've called in GA were $80-$90/shop hour.

You can plan on around $500 +/- for the 10,000 service. More if you need your valves adjusted. Mine didn't have to be adjusted.

As far as other dealerships in GA... Atlanta Triumph - closed, Moto400 - closed, Triumph of N. GA (A **** good dealership) - closed.

I haven't heard anything good about Triumph of Augusta.

Freewheelin, is okay... not good, but okay. I think their shoddy work caused me to get stranded in Arkansas... no proof, but...

Since I'm no longer under warranty, I'll be doing most everything myself...
My brother in-law is a Harley tech, so I'll be getting some help from him and around here...

But, IF you find a good dealership in Ga, let me know.

I live in SE Georgia right on the Florida line and the dealer was Orange Park Powersports in Orange Park, FL - it is an adjoining city to Jacksonville, FL. A fellow Rocketeer from my same city trailers his to Daytona, FL to the Triumph/BMW dealer for his valve adjustments and such. That will probably be my choice as well - it is closer to take it there than the choice of dealers in GA.

I am glad you clarified that...I'll make it a point to not stop by the Orange Park dealership and I'll just have to not have their t-shirt for my collection.

Dennis

16 dtg KAF
20 dtg Dubai
21 dtg Thunderbird'n time

135 dtg Dubai
136 dtg HOME for good!

Sorry Dave, the Ace Motorcycle Cafe t-shirt is yours, but all my riding around to other dealerships (especially on my Key West trip) "collecting" MY t-shirts are MINE:D.

Dennis

15 dtg KAF
19 dtg Dubai
20 dtg Thunderbird'n time

134 dtg Dubai
135 dtg HOME for good!

Back