TRIIICK

Living Legend
Ride
05 Rocket III 01 Roadking 08 Busa

Attachments

• sturgis_large.jpg
    sturgis_large.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 35
I was surprised to see the top 20 were northern states. I would have thought states where we can ride all year would have been higher up there.

I was surprised to see the top 20 were northern states. I would have thought states where we can ride all year would have been higher up there.
Because population is, for the most part, sparser in those states, thus fewer people per bike. As far as raw ownership goes, California, Florida and Texas are 1-2-3 if I read the figures correctly.

The per capita rate is interesting to know. Thanks for posting Triiick.

Us Yanks have bigger BALLS and smaller brains than BUBBA?!?!?
Perhaps the western cowboy and his horse analogy???

Because population is, for the most part, sparser in those states, thus fewer people per bike. As far as raw ownership goes, California, Florida and Texas are 1-2-3 if I read the figures correctly.

MS, LA & DC appear to shoot down this theory.
Doesn't seem to be connected to good weather either.

MS, LA & DC appear to shoot down this theory.
Doesn't seem to be connected to good weather either.
No, not really. 6 of the top 10 states have populations of less than 1MM. LA and MS have populations roughly 3 to 5 times those states.

Per capita ownership is a ridiculously meaningless statistic to rely on. Might as well use Bikes per 100,000 acres of land, in order to test density of ownership. It would, in fact, give you the density of ownership - but that would be a meaningless statistic as well.

I'm kind of surprised at the preponderance of northern states, on the other hand my cousin in Florida and a friend in Phoenix have both mentioned that in the summer it's too hot to ride in the daytime, they have to ride at night. I'm not sure how bikes per capita would be a meaning less statistic to show level of bike ownership, seems like the best measure to me?

NY is almost at the bottom of the list, surprised by that, bet it's near the top in percentage of motorcyclists who own Harleys, LOL, anything else is a rarity.

Doing my part, I have 5, looking at a 6th Saturday....

When one has an abundance of good weather, it becomes rather routine.
Living somewhere with a limited amount of good weather, promotes appreciation for the sunshine.
I know I savor the few good months of weather we get in the NW and ride my ass off whenever possible.

Back