300 Miles On A New Roadster Today ... Not Mine ... Mike the Millionaire's

Idaho Red Rocket 3

Living Legend
Ride
2006 RIII Standard Bagger w/Fairing
Mike dropped off his new 2013 Roadster last night. I worked on trying to make several adjustments with TuneECU last night but the TPS green light would not come on at the end of the download. So only the lower fan on temp and the idle increase change stuck. I wanted to also increase the tops speed past the 120 mph max factory set point and increase the max RPM to 6800, Neither of those took. I don't know why. Please share your knowledge.

Anyway Mike wanted me to put 300 miles on it today so he can get over 600 miles on it to send it in for the first service and warranty repair. I found the TPS voltage wasn't in speck. .60v - .70v, the throttle bodies are well out of balance 580, 610, 600 and the left mirror is too loose on the adjusting ball. I put 292 very fun miles on it today. I filled up twice and got 37 and 39 mpg. Nice torque. For some reason it seamed to handle a little better than my standard. I see what you Roadster guys like about this bike. Is it placebo or real ?

Handling
Suspension is a little different and could have something to do with the foot peg locations - being able to load your weight on the pegs????

I have had a standard, classic and touring and now the roadster, and its the most well rounded Rocket I have owned... great mpgs and get up stock out of the box. adding fairing and bags to get some touring ergos back... but what a ride... should have my break in miles by tomorrow

Back