Camptc

.060 Over
Ride
2010 Rocket III Touring
I'm about to roll over 20,000 miles on my 2010 R3T, and I'm curious what items should everyone has checked/replaced at this point. The bike is up to date on oil/filter changes, I've checked fluids and all that. Should I plan to take the bike to a dealer for service? I just don't want them/me to miss something critical.

I'm about to roll over 20,000 miles on my 2010 R3T, and I'm curious what items should everyone has checked/replaced at this point. The bike is up to date on oil/filter changes, I've checked fluids and all that. Should I plan to take the bike to a dealer for service? I just don't want them/me to miss something critical.

Also, I feel like a complete b!t$h because I just saw SanteFeBiker's post about rolling over 100k miles...

I, too, am rolling into 22K mi. Just bought the bike and am doing an oil change, replace tires. If you aren't a "dark sider", I'll not disclose the tires. I'm using the Modile 1 full synthetic 4t motorcycle fluid and the service manual says that there is a boatload of checks. A little overwhelming for me. Thank God I have a good mech. The things he can't do, I'll take it to Triumph, where I know it will be expensive. Has anyone had trouble taking what appears to be the rear seat allen wrench seat holder off. Its not a deep allen fitting screw, and am having difficulty getting a "good" bite to get it loose?

Thanks for any help

Has anyone had trouble taking what appears to be the rear seat allen wrench seat holder off. Its not a deep allen fitting screw, and am having difficulty getting a "good" bite to get it loose?

Thanks for any help

Sounds like it may be rounded off a little bit, I know mine is. Whatever Triumph had the allen bolt made out of is no match for normal hardness allen wrenches.

You may want to just bite the bullet and buy a new one, they can't be that expensive. ;)

bob

any ideas on how to get that sucker out of there?

Dumb question, you are using metric not standard allens? If so you could try and use a ball allen the next size up metric or standard witch ever fits better, cock it on a angle and work it in then plumb it up and remove bolt.

Back