2011 Touring Coil Wire Colors

dobro

Supercharged
Ride
2011 R3T
I want to be sure that a mechanic has not crossed the coil lead wires on my Touring. If you have a Touring please tell me the color of the OUTSIDE lead wire for (1) the rear coil; (2) the middle coil. I can't access the front coil now. Thanks.

I don't have a touring rocket but maybe this will help until someone else chimes in. Sorry pics are upside-down.
20150830_174134.jpg
20150830_174118.jpg
20150830_173715.jpg

I don't have a touring rocket but maybe this will help until someone else chimes in. Sorry pics are upside-down.
20150830_174134.jpg
20150830_174118.jpg
20150830_173715.jpg

Thanks, forklift, but I can't figure out which is which from the chart. I need to be certain so I don't wind up screwing it up myself.

Thanks, forklift, but I can't figure out which is which from the chart. I need to be certain so I don't wind up screwing it up myself.
after comparing the wiring diagrams of the T and the standard I can tell you they all use the same colors brown being consistent and the other three being Green with a colored stripe Purple, Blue, and Pink, so as long as you keep the brown wires on the inside of the coil or the left side as you are sitting on the bike you should be fine.

after comparing the wiring diagrams of the T and the standard I can tell you they all use the same colors brown being consistent and the other three being Green with a colored stripe Purple, Blue, and Pink, so as long as you keep the brown wires on the inside of the coil or the left side as you are sitting on the bike you should be fine.

Wow! On my bike the outside wire on the rear coil is green and the outside wire on the middle coil is red (it looks more like red than brown to me). So if the inside wires should be red (brown) on both of them I have a problem with crossed wires. Warp9 do you feel 100% certain that brown(red) should always be on the inside on the Touring?

;)QUOTE="1olbull, post: 342485, member: 3883"]
You from OZ??? :eek: :p[/QUOTE]
You'd think I was. I was trying to get the Rocket manual situated under a lamp while not unplugging phone from charger and got everything out of kilter. :roll:

Wow! On my bike the outside wire on the rear coil is green and the outside wire on the middle coil is red (it looks more like red than brown to me). So if the inside wires should be red (brown) on both of them I have a problem with crossed wires. Warp9 do you feel 100% certain that brown(red) should always be on the inside on the Touring?

Recently when I had issues with my coil wires the colors were hard to identify as Dobro says above think they must fade or something....?

I be just learning, but would not a multi-meter help with this?

Back