2011 Roadster seat intake

wildman

.020 Over
Does anybody know if removing the underseat intake channel to the airbox help performance and would removing it allow water to enter the filter compartment. I need more room under the seat to install a Scorpio motorcycle alarm.

I doubt if removing the intake would help performance, it may hurt it a little because it is supposed to draw in cooler air, but I don't know for sure. The Corbin seat doesn't have the intake setup. There are no issues with water ingestion , unless you plan on fording small rivers .

IMHO water ingestion though the intake is really a non-issue. It's an old mechanics trick to slowly pour water down the carburetor the the engine running at around 2000 rpm clean out carbon deposits. I used to pour a full soda can of water down the carb in about a minuet. It never caused any problems. On the other hand I can't day it helped that much either. You might say it's an old mechanics wife's tale.:rolleyes:

EVAP California model

Standard and Classic Rockets have a fair amount of room behind the left side cover.

Thanks for the input guys. I bought the BEAST in South Carolina. However, and it has the California Evaporative Control Module behind the left side cover.
Do you know if removeing the EVAP, will increase for reduce performance?

Thanks for the input guys. I bought the BEAST in South Carolina. However, and it has the California Evaporative Control Module behind the left side cover.
Do you know if removeing the EVAP, will increase for reduce performance?

Congrats neighbor!!

I really believe when you remove it you can program the MAP on the ECU to be "normal" like the non Cali Roadsters.
TuneECU_Start

But don't hold me to that......... I'm just starting out myself with the TuneECU.

The only thing the canister does is the charcoal inside absorbs the fuel vapors coming from the fuel tank and at certain times a vacuum solenoid opens to allow the stored vapors to be burned in the engine. The only time there is any "power" lost is when the canister is purging, this only happens at idle and cruising speeds for very short, occasional intervals.

Removing it will only cause problems with the EPA and won't help performance.

Back