13 Honda GW F6B nice

I spent a couple of years in Japan, but I'm sure nothing I could say would change your mind. There are some in Hiroshima and Nagasaki that do not look too kindly on Americans to this day, but by and large old prejudices and hatreds seem to have faded.

My wife is a sansei and her family is as loyal to this country as any I have known. This despite having been interred in camps during the war while their children served in our Armed Forces.

We can agree to disagree on this one.

Be assured Harry were the opportunity to arise for me to meet your wife i would treat her with the same respect i'm sure you would treat my partner. I am not disagreeing with you on anything mate.

what a demographic

I have a friend at work who drives Harleys and loves my Triumph but will not touch a "Jap bike" because of the same reasons. That's just fine and that's his own decision. He makes a point to show his disgust with foreign cars and such. What I don't understand about him though is that he makes such a fuss about his convictions, but works for a Swedish company that uses primarily German machinery. I always ask him how he's enjoying that Harley that he bought with his German paycheck, just to rattle his cage a bit because he certainly has no problem going all Archie Bunker on me about my Nissan work car. I don't care what you drive. There are multitudes of vehicles out there from all over the world. Enjoy them. Drive what you like. We are all different people and have different reasons for what we do. No sense kicking someone because they are different. It's a whole different story when you ask their opinion though!:D

never a dull moment on this board is there? I love the "go all Archie Bunker... " line,, great post. No doubt we all have reasons to feel strongly regarding another country's history, current status and their relation to where each of us live.

Like many of you, I have known guys who served in ww2 and subsequent theaters. I've listened to their stories of gore, hardship and terror. I honour and respect the sacrifices of those who gave their lives and portions thereof in the cause of freedom for us to chat like this on this forum. I've also met men and families who were held in the Asian (japanese/chinese) internment camps in Ontario during ww2. I've known and called friends two who were in the Hitler Youth and went on to fight on their side during the conflict.

I would offer Bigotry knows no race, boundaries or borders. I find that to not buy a Honda as it was made by a Japanese company makes no sense other than to intentionally deprive yourself of one of the most advanced and fully qualified Touring M/C on the planet today. (I have two suzukis) I think history is an incredible and valuable tool for learning which many persons and governments completely ignore.

One would think that by doing things (such as refusing to buy a brand of bike) to be what they think is punitive towards some action (ie - the Japanese invasion) they are acting as a third or fourth "injured" party. When instead, perhaps they should be taking a more active role in today's political landscape to effect change every chance they make. In other words, don't try to be vindictive for something that took place decades ago and which most of us were not involved in AND which our countries have already gotten over but, look to the future and try to do what you can to be a positive influence for change.

Any thoughts?

I admire TC's stand and good on him. Time was that I felt the same, and much stronger about German things, given my Polish Jewish heritage. But these days I'm less concerned about what the Japs did in WWII than I am about the way they treat the civilised world with contempt and continue whaling for "scientific research". I'd prefer them to just say "get f#cked, we're doing it anyway" than treat us like we're stupid. Now there's a good reason not to buy a Honda.

I admire TC's stand and good on him. Time was that I felt the same, and much stronger about German things, given my Polish Jewish heritages. But these days I'm less concerned about what the Japs did in WWII than I am about the way they treat the civilised world with contempt and continue whaling for "scientific research". I'd prefer them to just say "get f#cked, we're doing it anyway" than treat us like we're stupid. Now there's a good reason not to buy a Honda.

It frustrates me why so many of these majestic creatures are slaughtered and butchered in the name of SCIENTIFIC BLOODY RESEARCH . I'd rather just sink the mother f::kers

I think we 'jacked this thread a bit,,,,

I do however really like the new Honda. The dependability is sound and the price point is about where it should be to be competitive... It will be interesting to see how it fares against it's competitors.

In my late 20's i worked in a Government retirement home that had lots of WWII veterens there . I will always remember this old fella called Jock , a Scotsman who fell into the hands of the Japs when the Brits surrendered Singapore. He was 19 years old when he was caught with a packet of biscuits down his shorts. He was unloading ships at Singapore harbour , stealing what he could to take back to the sick POW's in camp. Knowing if they could not work their life hung in the balance. Him , a Canadian and an Aussie were all caught at the same time. For refusing to name who the biscuits were for , all their tongues were cut out. He went through his whole life unable to speak. I used to take him a nip of rum and a can of XXXX beer at 10am every day , RSL paid for it ... i have never forgotten him , i kept the letter he wrote to me to explain what happened to him for many many years.. like i said .. Lest We Forget !!!

I've never read the spy who came in from the cold, but it's on my list of must do's.

Be assured Harry were the opportunity to arise for me to meet your wife i would treat her with the same respect i'm sure you would treat my partner. I am not disagreeing with you on anything mate.

The original comment was tongue in cheek TC, I'd have never thought otherwise.

An interesting (to me at least) aside, my wife only buys German cars. Seems her dad taught her Japanese cars were cheap and didn't last. We're all a victim of our upbringing I guess.

Back