1000 Miles in just under 48 hrs on my Rocket X

Akita Man

.040 Over
I took the opportunity to travel from Milwaukee to Louisville, KY to a work related construction expo on my 2015 Rocket X. I put all my gear in a back pack that also acted as a backrest. This is my 2nd Rocket. The first being a 2007 Standard.
I was amazed at the comfort this bike offered. This is one of the best seats I've been on period. Corbin and Mustang included. My only upgrades have been TORs and Rivco Highway pegs.
This bike was as comfortable cruising slab on I-39 at 90mph for extended periods as it was on tight twisties on IL route 37 (one of the best roads I've ridden period).
Coming home this morning temps were at times in the low 50's and strong crosswinds. This bike was so planted at 75 to 80 mph. Passing semi trucks in and out of wind blasts posed no issues. I was getting 190 miles per tank with 1 gallon left in the tank. I believe my low fuel light must indicate 1.25 to 1.5 gallons remaining.
My only wish was to have a better fitting helmet. I would also like to know what a Corbin Fleetliner would perform like in these same situations...high prolonged speeds and heavy quartering winds.

This is an amazing bike. One on my riding partners was on a 30K 2015 fully customized Road Glide...a beautiful bike...but all traffic stops resulted in passers by commenting on the rocket a bike that was less than 1/2 the price.

Very satisfied with this bike...she is a keeper.

been considering the forward controls. do you like them? I just got the tall sissy bar and had it powder coated this week. will install this upcoming week.

been considering the forward controls. do you like them? I just got the tall sissy bar and had it powder coated this week. will install this upcoming week.
I have #035. I do love the forward highway pegs infinitely adjustable and once powder coated...the do not take away from the looks of the bike...If you locate them properly you can easily reach the shift lever like a heel shifter when feet are on the pegs. Also mounting to the stock 1" control bar the std pegs mount to keeps the highway pegs narrow. You don't have that pregnant woman in the stirrups look.

Back