1 year / 20,000 mile test ride

Boog

Traveling Story Teller
Ride
2014 R3T, RAMAIR, Full Viking Dual exhaust
So, I have now completed the 1 year / 20,000 mile test ride on my 2014 R3T. Here is the recap from my 11,000-mile post so you won’t need to revisit that thread…

1. TPS needed adjusting after a few miles of riding it. Dealer fixed on day two of owning it.
2. Break in oil change on day three.
3. Left fog light burned out at 800 miles, dealer replaced under warranty.
4. GPS failed at 6,490 miles, dealer replaced under warranty.
5. Fitted TORs and new tune at 6,490 miles. (Should have done this in the beginning).
6. Right fog light burned out at 8,000 miles, dealer replaced under warranty.
7. Added a Dowco Iron Rider Main Bag to the back at 8,200 miles, (Very useful for about five days worth of clothing)
8. Added a ‘Bead Rider’ seat cover at 8,300 miles, (Love the way it keeps the bum dry on hot days, And, after getting soaked in a downpour, the bum was dry in about 45 minutes of riding once the rain stopped).
9. Swapped tires for Exedra Max at 8,870 miles.
10. 10,000 mile service completed without any issues other than the oil filter cover needs to be replaced. Awaiting arrival.

11. Turn switch is going out. Right side will not work when the humidity is high or it’s raining. Awaiting parts to arrive.

Since then, I have the following to report:

1. Road trip to Sturgis and back, 5,500 miles roughly, nary a worry (Best MPG=46 in Colorado)
2. Replaced the turn signal switch housing at 18,900 miles
3. Replaced the tail light bulb at 19,200 miles
4. Exedra tires still holding out well but with noticeable wear after 12K miles.
5. Bike in the dealer today for its first valve check and 20K mile check-up.

Overall impression remains exceedingly high for this machine. It serves me well as a daily driver and long distance tourer. It keeps me sane in the insane world I work in with a simple twist of the wrist. I hate leaving home without it when I travel for work (which caused me to miss almost 3 months of ride time this year). Dealer asked me when he should expect me for a trade-in; I told him he would be long gone by then…

Hats off to ya Boog. That's some decent miles in your neck of the woods. I Started riding my '14 in March and only managed 14,000. Pretty much trouble free also. It's a great machine and I too am real proud to mount the Blackbird.

So, I have now completed the 1 year / 20,000 mile test ride on my 2014 R3T. Here is the recap from my 11,000-mile post so you won’t need to revisit that thread…

1. TPS needed adjusting after a few miles of riding it. Dealer fixed on day two of owning it.
2. Break in oil change on day three.
3. Left fog light burned out at 800 miles, dealer replaced under warranty.
4. GPS failed at 6,490 miles, dealer replaced under warranty.
5. Fitted TORs and new tune at 6,490 miles. (Should have done this in the beginning).
6. Right fog light burned out at 8,000 miles, dealer replaced under warranty.
7. Added a Dowco Iron Rider Main Bag to the back at 8,200 miles, (Very useful for about five days worth of clothing)
8. Added a ‘Bead Rider’ seat cover at 8,300 miles, (Love the way it keeps the bum dry on hot days, And, after getting soaked in a downpour, the bum was dry in about 45 minutes of riding once the rain stopped).
9. Swapped tires for Exedra Max at 8,870 miles.
10. 10,000 mile service completed without any issues other than the oil filter cover needs to be replaced. Awaiting arrival.

11. Turn switch is going out. Right side will not work when the humidity is high or it’s raining. Awaiting parts to arrive.

Since then, I have the following to report:

1. Road trip to Sturgis and back, 5,500 miles roughly, nary a worry (Best MPG=46 in Colorado)
2. Replaced the turn signal switch housing at 18,900 miles
3. Replaced the tail light bulb at 19,200 miles
4. Exedra tires still holding out well but with noticeable wear after 12K miles.
5. Bike in the dealer today for its first valve check and 20K mile check-up.

Overall impression remains exceedingly high for this machine. It serves me well as a daily driver and long distance tourer. It keeps me sane in the insane world I work in with a simple twist of the wrist. I hate leaving home without it when I travel for work (which caused me to miss almost 3 months of ride time this year). Dealer asked me when he should expect me for a trade-in; I told him he would be long gone by then…

All I can say is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Good on you, I was on track for +20k this year until I got my surgery scheduled. Got to 14k in less than 4 months of riding and now it has been sitting for almost 2 months... You want to swing by and put some miles on mine???

Good on you, I was on track for +20k this year until I got my surgery scheduled. Got to 14k in less than 4 months of riding and now it has been sitting for almost 2 months... You want to swing by and put some miles on mine???
You're just 740 miles away, I guess that would be ok...

Back