Rocket Scientist

Grand Exulted Poobah
Ride
Black 05' Rocket III standard
I know some of you guys have taken your rockets to the drag strip. What is the quickest time anyone has run with a bone stock rocket ? How about with the usual, pipes, intake and better tune ? I think they were advertised to run in the low 11's, but those times are usually ran on a prepped bike with a 125 pound rider. I'm just curious what they run in the real world.

Low 11's was the best Donny managed at Banarabi Drags last year. He has hot cams , a good freeflowing exhaust system and the large exposed K&N filters .. along with many years of drag racing experience. His Rocket was dynod at 208 BHP.

I ran 11.7 on a bone stock Canadian spec R3 back in Sept. '04. Stock air filter, stock exhaust including a non catalytic cat box. Just as it came out of the crate. The only thing I did was remove the roadster windshield. It was my first and only time at the strip.

should go @

i need to do some more work to mine,plus more go fast bits,Qshifter/ larger injectors,thats worth another 8-10 hp alone/race map..lowering kit ect etc..i would be surprised if it doesnt run @ around 10.0 I know the bikes good enuff,i think the rider [me] is the weak link.8.9 is the bench mark set by Carpenter racing.:)

First time on a track

I took my 08 Rocket to the track today (my first time on a track), I had the dealer put in a K&N air filter and put the cat/delete pipe on it and the triumph tune. my best time was 11:58
I weigh 170.
short of spending 3grande plus on carpenter parts what should i do next to get my time down?

I'm trying to clean the carbs on a 1999 Vmax 1200. I just test drove it and as I was making the last turn home I decided to open her up a bit. After the bike lurched completely sideways to the left and then same thing back to the right and me being amazed that I saved it, I don't think I'll be trying it out on any drag strips or anywhere else. Too top heavy for me. It needs a couple of saddlebags full of 100 lbs of sand if you ask me.

I know that this is an old thread, but I thought that I would throw this in.

I have the Ulysses Speedometer App on my Droid phone, so I thought I would give it a run this evening. The App uses satellites for speed and distance, and it doesn't start measuring until you start moving - so there is no reaction time. It will give you 0-60, 0-100, and 1/4 mile times. I waited for a red light on a straight ramp onto a straight bit of Interstate, and then had a bit of a run. The results were:

0-60mph = 4.06
0-100mph = 8.95
1/4mile = 11.76

The bike is stock except for the Triple Filters and Thugs. Most RIII road tests that I have seen give a 0-60 as 3.1, so my take off was a bit slow. However, if I could get that second off the take-off, then the other two times would, I think, be quite respectable. :)

Back