Rat Sussex

Standard Bore
Ride
2004 Rocket
Hi guys, newbie here. i have checked with the user manual but it doesn`t seem to cover the oil sump plugs for the 04 rocket 3. anyone able to help? ive found one at the front and one at the rear but hardly any oil has come out, is there a 3rd one as in later models?
many thanks

Actually it uses a Torx bit, but a hex bit will probably work if you don't have one.

Hi guys, newbie here. i have checked with the user manual but it doesn`t seem to cover the oil sump plugs for the 04 rocket 3. anyone able to help? ive found one at the front and one at the rear but hardly any oil has come out, is there a 3rd one as in later models?
many thanks

I just change my oil, filter and final drive oil at 5k. It was easy to do as I had purchased multiple crush washers and o rings in advance. A 3/8 drive hex socket works just fine and fits my newton meter torque handle as well. I have a newer touring model, so one or more of the 3 plugs you have to remove to drain everything completely may be in a different location...and I believe they are. They made a change to the bottom plate on the later models but I believe it's shown in the manual idk put you on to. Here is a YouTube video in several parts if you are interested. 10w-50w Castrol full synthetic and 75w-90w BelRay full synthetic is what I used in the final drive.

here is a shot from the manual hope it helps two front and back by the screens one is at the filter location the other is from underneath it will be hex and have a head on it and has a O-ring. This oen is the drain from the tank. Do not pull the couple that look like allen set screws they are galley pipe plugs. Below red drain plugs yellow are the ones you want to leave alone
2005 oil sump Alpha mod.jpg

Last edited:
Back